Royal Hawaiian Luau at the Royal Hawaiian
Held every Monday at the iconic Pink Palace, the Aha'aina Luau features a fantastic oceanfront location on Waikiki Beach and a royal atmosphere. Upon arrival, you can take part in time-honored Hawaiian arts & crafts and other activities, such as kapa making (cloth made of pounded bark), na lawai'a (tending of the fishing tools) and poi pounding (poi is a paste made from the taro root).
Then listen to the sound of the conch shell signaling the start of the big feast. While you savor delicious island-style cuisine, a storyteller shares the significance of lei giving, the ocean and taro. After dinner, sit back and enjoy the spectacular performance, with music and dances that commemorate the ancient islanders' rich history and culture.
Full Luau (Premium or Standing Seating) includes 1 welcome drink and 2 drinks during the luau.
- Perfect beachfront location on Waikiki Beach
- Takes place at the historic Royal Hawaiian Hotel
- Learn about old Hawaii and Hawaiian customs and culture
- Take part in Hawaiian activities
- Delicious all-you-can-eat luau buffet
Premium Seating - 1st row of oceanfront tables, closest to the stage.
Cocktail Seating - Includes the show and 2 beverages (dinner is not included). Seating at 7 pm.
Aha'aina Luau Menu
Poi and Poke Station:
- Poi with Fresh Salted Salmon, Ho Farm Tomatoes and Maui Onion Ahi, Shrimp, Tako, Hamakua Tomato and Mushroom Poke on Ice Bar
Island Fruit Station:
- Sliced Pineapple, Watermelon, Cantaloupe, Honeydew, Kula Strawberries, Mojito Style Mango
Island Salads Station:
- Island Coleslaw, JA Farms Caesar Salad with Portuguese Bread Croutons, White Anchovies and Pipikaula, Ho Farms Tomato and Cucumber Salad, JA Farms Baby Greens with Edamame, Ho Farms Tomatoes and Watermelon Radish
Hui Hui Grill Action Station:
- Local Island Chicken, Garlic Fried Rice, Wok Fried Choi Sum with Crispy Shallots, Roasted Vegetable Curry
Kiawe Wood BBQ Station:
- Korean BBQ Kalbi Ribs, Chinese Steamed Mongchong with Ginger and Scallion
- Real Above-Ground Kalua Pig Live Carving Station
- Royal Hawaiian Bread Pudding, Pink Haupia Cake, Halo-Halo Flan Waialua Estate Chocholate-Coffee Tiramisu
Gluten Free Menu
Royal Hawaiian Luau
Waikiki Beach Luau
Aha Aina Luau Dessert Menu
Royal Hawaiian Hotel Aerial
Royal Hawaiian Hotel
Waikiki Beach Luau
Royal Hawaiian Luau Hula
Perfect Beachfront Location
Traditional Hawaiian Food
Aha'aina Luau Show
- Where and When:
- Check-in begins at 5:00 pm (Cocktail Seating checks in/begins seating at 7:00 pm) at the Royal Hawaiian, 2259 Kalakaua Avenue, Honolulu, HI 96815 View Map
- There is a 72 hour cancellation policy for this activity. Within 72 hours of your luau date there is no cancellations or refunds.
- Special Notes:
- A child (0-4 yrs) is free when they sit in the lap of an adult. These children do not include their own plate but are welcome to pick off the adult's plate.
You should select the pricing "Per Child in Own Seat, with Plate (0-4 yrs)" if you would like the child (0-4 yrs) to have their own seat (including siting in a highchair) and plate. Please note if the child with a seat will need a highchair, the luau will do their best to provide one but they may be limited.
- Operation Days:
- Monday, Thursday & Saturday
- 2.5 hours
- Royal Hawaiian